Medical Misinformation Singapore. Falsehoods and Clarifications – MOH.
Debunk Fake Medical News Singapore | Debunk Fake Cancer News Singapore | Medical Treatment, Health & Medical News
Medical News Updates: Prostate Cancer Updates Singapore | Gynae Cancer Updates Singapore
Medical Misinformation Singapore – Debunk Medical Fake news with AsiaMD
- Cancer Fact or Fiction or Medical Misinformation – How to tell the difference? Let Asia MD tell you how!
Pandemic-related fake news no longer about science, health issues but instead spreads half-truths on government policies.
- FAKE NEWS: A harder-to-detect “Singapore variant” of COVID-19 has been discovered.
- Misinformation about the pandemic is a real threat to public. From MOH: Beware of Scams… We are aware of websites, emails, SMS text messages and phone calls falsely claiming to offer registration for COVID-19 vaccination.
Singapore mulls using POFMA on websites advising ivermectin as COVID cure
SINGAPORE — Health Minister Ong Ye Kung on Wednesday (20 October) said that authorities are “certainly looking” into invoking Singapore’s fake news law against websites that encourage people to consume the antiparasitic drug ivermectin to prevent or cure COVID-19.
Responding to media queries during a doorstop interview, Ong stressed that medical professionals in the Ministry of Health “are very clear that ivermectin is not suitable for the treatment” of the coronavirus disease.
“Whatever it has been used in the lab to kill the COVID virus is that the dosage is too high for humans to use safely,” added the co-chair of the COVID-19 multi-ministry taskforce.
Removal of Content from Youtube Channel by Iris Koh for Violating Community Guidelines – Iris Koh (Healing the Divide) due to spreading medical misinformation
A group called “Healing the Divide”, founded by a Ms Iris Koh, adopts an anti-vaccination stance and claims to warn people about the dangers of vaccination. They continue to spread Medical Misinformation about COVID 19 Vaccine.
2. The Ministry of Health (MOH) notes that Iris Koh’s channel has a history of posting and sharing content that perpetuates falsehoods and misleading information about COVID-19 and vaccines. The Government takes a serious view of the deliberate communication of these falsehoods and will not hesitate to take action against those who put the public’s health and well-being at risk by spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines.
3. MOH therefore notes and welcomes the latest removal of content from the YouTube channel by Iris Koh, which includes “Town Hall Meeting: United We Stand For Choice”, and “Healing the Divide: Remembering Those We Love and Lost”, for violating YouTube’s Community Guidelines. We also observe that Facebook has previously suspended Iris Koh’s account in more than one instance, for violating their Community Guidelines as well as likely due to spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines.
Asia MD, Your source of Verified Medical Information, Updates and News in Asia
- Have interviewed medical doctors directly
- Use verified medical information from healthcare authorities or government agencies
- Source authentic information from medical textbooks or established medical journals
If you have more medical questions which are not addressed fully by our Asia MD website, let us help you find the best medical doctors to solve them.
Asia MD – Your one stop Health & Medical News Website! Asia MD is your trusted source for medical treatment information, health and medical news information. We provided verified and credible health information for you.
Looking to be matched to the best specialist doctor for your unique medical condition? Speak in confidence @ Medical Chatbot Singapore